Why You Need Your Own Personal Website
Your website is like your puzzle piece that fits into humanities overall puzzle picture. It is a display telling others who you are, what gifts and talents you have, and where to find you. It’s all about networking and to be found you need to be fully expressed.
The new emerging economy is based on people rather than things. It is about connecting those that have gifts and talents with those that need them. It is worldwide with no borders to stop the free flow of those getting to where they are needed. In the past paradigm everyone kept themselves hidden, as a form of protection, so they wouldn’t be harmed. Now the best way to stay safe and sustain yourself is to be as fully expressed as possible. Put everything that you are into your website and don’t hold back, so that it will attract those that need what you have to share and allow them to fit their puzzle piece with yours.
“It’s not about making the pieces fit into a frame, the edge of the frame is created naturally by the puzzle pieces being joined together as a group.”
This is your website. It is your expression of you. You will have to learn how use the tools to run it in order to fully express yourself. No one can tell you who you are, only you can do that. Behind the scenes designers and ghost writers are becoming obsolete. It’s all about personal expression and transparency. The technical part of getting your website up and going has been done for you. Now it’s your turn to let your creative juices flow and express yourself through your websites layout, pictures, text, and videos. It is an organic process that is always changing as you change.
Make your website the full expression of who you are. Have fun with it and grow with it and it will be of great service to you becoming more aware of who you really are. The internet is teaching us that we are already telempathically connected. It connects those who have something unique with those who need that unique thing.
Shift your mindset to your website being the place for posts and pictures rather than Facebook. Upload Pictures and Posts to your website and then link them back to Facebook. This way people will always led back to your website, the post won’t get lost down your timeline, and it will be searchable by google and on your own website. Your website is the much more capable at expressing your unique robust nature that Facebook.
People want to find you, so they can benefit from what you have to offer and this requires your data to be made available to Google through a website it can access and index. Facebook posts don’t work like that. They get lost and pushed down very quickly and are not part of Google’s system. People need to find you and come to your site to see who you are, so they can fit their puzzle piece to yours. Facebook is too limited and heavily controlled to be a valid way to express yourself. Facebook is designed to limit who sees your posts so you will pay to get more exposure.
New open source social network platforms will eventually take the place of closed source built for profit platforms like Facebook. By building your own website you will be prepared for this shift, because you will already have gathered and organized the information that represents the unique puzzle piece that you are. Because Facebook has most of the traffic, you will want to continue to use it until the new networks come online.
Being able to design your own website is self empowering. I want to make so easy and inexpensive you can’t resist going for it. There is no reason that everyone can’t have their own amazing website. Here are five reasons why you can design your own website:
- I set up your website, so all you have to do is login and start designing your unique expression.
- I use WordPress, which is easy, open source, and the most popular platform for websites on the internet.
- I use Elegant Themes Divi Premium Theme to make website layout and design a breeze.
- I’ve gathered together links to great tutorials so you can teach yourself how to use wordpress and Divi.
- I’ve held the price as low as I possibly could, which is 60% to 80% lower than a similarly featured sites.
In addition to being easy, other benefits are:
- Top Quality. Web hosting is on our own Virtual Private Server (VPS) where we can allocate the proper resources to make our websites fast, unlike low cost shared hosting plans.
- You can have your own store on your site, so you can sell your products on both your site and the Harmonious Earth site. We can cross promote each other.
Why I Want to Co-Create Your Personal Website With You
I am excited to see people live their joy and be sustained by it. One of my passions is to assist others in the expression their joy, in this case through websites. There are plenty of other designers who can build you a website. What I want to do is empower you to build your own site, so it is a true expression of you and not a designer. The world wants to know who you are and you are the only one who can express that and you are ever changing and you want to be able to change your own website as you change.
If you ready to go full in, then take steps towards being fully expressed on your own site. Begin by doing a more traditional site that is geared towards commerce, and at a minimum include who you are and that the products are a result of your passion on your websites, so people can see that what you are selling is in alignment with your values and your highest joy and you are not focused on just making money. People no longer just want your product, they want what went into it and why.
If all you want is a traditional business website without a face then working with me would not be a good fit. There are other website creators that would be better suited fill that need.
I would be excited and motivated to setup and host your personal puzzle piece website if you feel like you resonate with the following:
- You have the desire and the dedication to build a website that fully expresses you. You are excited to have your website show the shape of the puzzle piece that you are and how you fit in with other puzzle pieces to make the big puzzle picture.
- You feel free to express yourself in any way you can imagine without being worried about what others might say, as best as you can.
- It is your desire that your website, and each product and service on it, be a reflection of your joy and that money comes as a result of your joy and not the other way around. You know it doesn’t work to do things for money. Put simply, “you do what you do because you love it and you know it will sustain you.”
- If we both feel it would benefit us both, you would be willing to put your products and services on the Harmonious Earth website, so we can promote you, help you sell your product, and in return we get a reasonable small commision or kick back for selling your product or service.
These ideas are meant to get us on the same page, to guide us, and can be changed. You do not need to do them all at once, but if you are in alignment with them and have the desire and dedication to work towards them it will add to the joy of both of us.